Empire Avenue has announced a new contest it is running to promote the completion of missions.
Everyone who completes 100 missions during the month of July and keeps “a positive feedback rating” will receive a special badge and be eligible for a drawing EAv will do in early August.
Prizes for contest are:
- 1st Prize: 10 million Eaves, USD $100 electronic gift certificate to either iTunes or Amazon.com, and 1 Empire Avenue upgrade (your next sequential upgrade from the Portfolio or Bigger Piece of the Pie series)
- 2nd Prize: 5 million Eaves
- 3rd Prize: 1 mission Eaves
Kudos to Empire Avenue on what I think will be an exciting contest. 10,000,000e is a substantial prize and so is a $100 gift certificate. And for those who are not enticed by the possibility of winning those prizes, there is the allure of earning the “green diamond” badge.
Questions and Pitfalls
As with any contest there are questions about the rules and concerns about people gaming the system.
- Andreas Wiedow asked in the discussion topic, “Can they all be from the same person? Yes, everyone can use their 2nd and 3rd account to get missions right and good (homemade) ratings . . . hehehe”
- What constitutes a “positive rating?” Could some people be made ineligible because a mission creator mistakenly gives them a negative rating?
Considering this costs EAv virtually nothing but time, I could see this becoming a regular or even monthly event. I could also see the introduction of more badges based on the number of missions completed and/or ratings. And how about a contest and badges for mission creators?
- What do you think of the contest?
- Will you try to complete at least 100 missions in July?
- Do you have any concerns about the rules or people trying to manipulate the results?